The Music Suite Loan Initiative
The Music Suite Loan Initiative (TMSLI) was an initiative started by the Directors of The Music Suite, Jeremiah Chong and Tan Tingxi. Being violinists ourselves, we know the importance of a good instrument. Our current collection comprises 13 violins. Some of these violins belong to the school while others are our personal violins.
Our aim is to loan the instruments free of charge to deserving violinists for their examinations, be it for external or internal school examinations, and performances. The violin will be made available to the violinist for a period of 3 months. Following which, the loan will be reviewed and approval by the panel would amount to a loan renewal of 3 months. We hope to grow our collection to a comfortable size of 30 violins by the end of 2015.
The Selection Process
1. Applicants send an email with a recording of 2 contrasting pieces to email@example.com
2. Short-listed applicants will be called up for a live audition and interview by our panel of judges.
3. Successful applicants will be given a choice of 3 violins based on their skill set and scale of the event the violin will be used for.
The TMSLI Collection
William Henry Collins | 1895, English | SGD31,500
2. Giuseppe Castagnino Atelier | 1924, Italian | SGD24,000
3. Franz Forberger | 1938, Austrian | SGD9,200
4. Frant. V. Pecha | 1937, Czech | SGD9,000
5. Klaus Clement | 2012, German | SGD8,560
6. Albert Schlegel | 1948, German | SGD8,200
7. Dresden Strad Model | 1900s, German | SGD5,000
8. TMS 099 | 2015, Czech | SGD4,900
9. TMS 023-M | 2014, Czech | SGD3,490
10. TMS 023 | 2014, Czech | SGD2,990
11. TMS 003 | 2014, Czech | SGD2,490
12. TMS 002 | 2014, Czech | SGD1,990
13. TMS 001 | 2014, Czech | SGD1,490